Attention Parents and Children! The University of Connecticut Child Development Lab is conducting a Novel Intervention Study!
- Organization: University of Connecticut
- Causes: Educational, Kids
- Contact person: Dr. Anjana Bhat
- Phone: 860-486-0019
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: ekin.education.uconn.edu/programs/physical-therapy/pt/phys…
NOVEL INTERVENTION STUDY
Investigators: Anjana Bhat & Timothy Gifford
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Children with and without autism spectrum disorders between 3 and 11 years of age
WHAT WILL BE INVOLVED?
• This study will involve a total of 34 sessions over eight weeks. These include 4 testing sessions, 12 training sessions with expert trainers, and 18 home sessions with caregivers. You and your child will visit our lab or we will visit you at your home or daycare or school (during after school hours) to deliver the sessions. Each testing session will last about 1-1.5 hours. Each training session lasts approximately 30-45 minutes.
• During the testing sessions we examine your child’s motor skills during various games that involve walking, drumming, balancing, and copying complex hand movements.
• During certain tests, your child may have sensors placed on his/her hands and feet.
• During training, your child will work with another child and engage in various play activities based on your child’s grouping.
• You or your child’s teacher will fill out a questionnaire to obtain a motor measure of your child’s development. The visits will be videotaped so that we may score your child’s responses later.
• If you have a child with autism, you will need to provide a letter confirming your child’s diagnosis and you will need to visit UConn clinic for an additional assessment.
• Your child will receive $50 upon completion of all testing sessions and the majority of the training sessions.
If interested, please call us at 1-860-486-0019 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org