Dreamcatcher Announces First Season in New Home in Summit
Dreamcatcher Repertory Theatre is announcing its 18th season will take place in its new home at The Oakes Center at 120 Morris Avenue in Summit. The professional company will bring two world premieres and one New Jersey premiere to the stage in addition to improvisational comedy, new play readings, a holiday variety show and many programs for seniors and students.
According to a press release, the season will include:
- THE NEIGHBORHOOD, a new musical with book and lyrics by Laura Ekstrand and music by Joe Zawila, opening on September 29 and playing until October 14
- Dreamcatcher’s improv comedy group Multiple Personality Disorder will bring its own brand of silliness and spontaneity to life on October 27 and May 4.
- A VERY SPECIAL (HOLIDAY) SPECIAL, a unique and affectionate send-up of traditional television holiday variety shows. This Very Special Special will include holiday songs, comic sketches and improv, and lots of good old-fashioned fun on December 7 & 8.
- THE LANGUAGE ARCHIVE, a comedy of the heart that explores the mysterious language of love, which often fails when it is needed most, plays January 25 through February 10.
- SHAKESPEARE IN VEGAS tells the story of a disheartened actress from New York and a wise guy with a dream who go to Sin City to create a legit Shakespeare theatre. Will generations-old family secrets and a cast of I.Q.-challenged showgirls derail their plans? Playing April 5 through 21.
- “Meet the Artist” free new play readings will be held on May 15 and 22, thought-provoking experiences which include the opportunity for audience discussion with the writer, director and actors after the performance.
- The DREAMCATCHER JUNIOR production on Friday, August 2, an original family show that always draws on the creativity of its young actors to shape the piece, is performed by the Summer Theatre Conservatory students.
Season passes may be purchased that provide substantial discounts to all events, and special rates for groups are also available. The theatre at The Oakes Center is wheelchair accessible, and such access services as large print scripts, assistive listening devices, and audio description will be available by prior arrangement throughout the season. Performances will be held at the Oakes Center, 120 Morris Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901. For more information and tickets for any of Dreamcatcher Repertory Theatre’s programs, please call 973-378-7754, ext. 2228, and visit www.DreamcatcherRep.org.