Teaching Positions Available - Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible Camp is a week-long program for children age 3 through 5th grade aimed at teaching students about the Bible and God in a fun environment. Craft, cooking, drama, music, games and science classes help children explore a classic Bible story each day, while learning a practical lesson that relates to their experiences as Pre-K and elementary school children.
Position: Vacation Bible Camp Teacher (6 positions available)
Dates: Monday, August 27, 2012 - Friday, August 31, 2012
Time: 8:30am - 2:30pm
Available Class Positions:
- Drama - Teach the daily Bible story through creative activities that bring the story to life
- Cooking - Lead a food-based activity that connects to the daily theme and/or Bible story
- Craft - Lead children in a craft that connects to the daily theme and/or Bible story
- Games - Lead games that foster community and provide an “energy release”
- Music - Teach and lead age-appropriate songs that connect to daily theme and Bible story
- Science - Lead a science-oriented lesson that explores the theme or animal for the day
Format: Vacation Bible Camp is taught in a rotational format, with each teacher specializing in his/her class. Children, grouped by age (3 yrs through 5th grade), rotate among the classes.
Curriculum: Class curriculum is provided and teachers are expected to adapt the lesson age-appropriately. The theme of Vacation Bible Camp is “Operation Overboard” which emphasizes God’s love and our connectedness with each other. Each lesson draws together the Biblical story and these themes.
Please let us know of your interest by contacting The Rev. Jennifer Testa Hrynyk. Include your resume and indicate which class you would prefer to teach. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
The Rev. Jennifer Testa Hrynyk
(973) 379-5600, x13