The diners have spoken, or at least voted.
Basilico has a reputation for good food and perseverance, having come back after being flooded out twice – once when it first opened in 1999 during Hurricane Floyd and again last summer during Tropical Storm Irene.
Basilico garnered 117 of the 314 votes or 37 percent. Trattoria Gian Marco got 74 votes, or 23 percent.
The other 40 percent of votes were split between the other eight Italian restaurants in town.
Congrats to Basilico and thanks to all the readers who took the time to vote.
The results of the poll:
What's your favorite Italian food?
- La Cucina di Clemenza 6 (1%)
- La Strada Restaurant 24 (7%)
- Osteria Mediterrania 7 (2%)
- Cara Mia 10 (3%)
- Basilico 117 (37%)
- Enzzo's Trattoria Restaurant 22 (7%)
- Trattoria Gian Marco 74 (23%)
- La Pergola Restaurant 15 (4%)
- Pizzeta 5 (1%)
- Cafe Luna 31 (9%)
- Other, tell us in comments 3 (0%)
Total votes: 314