Millburn Election Guide
The candidates, incumbents and issues that will be affecting the town and Essex County.
As we look ahead to November’s elections, Millburn Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race that will impact the town. Though there are no local elections, there are plenty of other races you will be voting in. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Millburn School Board: Four candidates are running for the three Millburn Township Board of Education seats up for grabs this November. Board member Eric Siegel is running for re-election, but two other board members, Mark Zucker and Sam Levy will not be returning. And three school board newcomers are joining the race.
- Essex County Sheriff: Sheriff Armando Fontoura, a Democrat, will square off against Orlando Mendez in November.
- 7th Congressional District: Republican Leonard Lance will face Upendra Chivukula in November in a district that includes Millburn, and portions of Union, Morris, Somerset and Hunterdon counties.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.