Boy Scouts Hold Annual Wreath Sale
Splurge has its grand opening, there at Hanukkah activities at the JCC, South Mountain Poets has a reading and Community Congregational Church lights its tree.
1. Boy Scout Troop 17 will hold its annual wreath sale this weekend at St. Rose of Lima Church. The wreaths will be available for sale after all masses this weekend—5:30 p.m. on Saturday; 7:30 a.m, 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Sunday. The sale serves as a fund-raiser for the troop.
2. There are lots of new stores opening their doors in downtown Millburn. Among them is Splurge Bakery, which celebrates its grand opening on Saturday at 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. There will be free tasting and cookie decorating for the kids.
3. Hanukkah is in full swing with the fourth and fifth nights of the festival on Saturday and Sunday. The JCC MetroWest is holding a family maccabiah for the holiday on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. with Olympic-style games. Pre-registration is required. Call 973-929-2922 for more information.
4. The South Mountain Poets, which meets at the Millburn Public Library once per month, will hold a reading in West Orange at the NJ Arts Incubator on Sunday at 2 p.m. The group is celebrating the release of its 2010 anthology, "Off Line," which includes 56 New Jersey poets. Many of them will be at Sunday's reading.
5. Community Congregational Church will celebrate the season with a Christmas concert and tree lighting on Sunday at 4-6:30 p.m. The event kicks off with the Chancel Choir singing Saint-Saens "Christmas Oratorio." Fireside caroling and refreshments kick off at 5 p.m. with performances by the Youth Choir. The tree lighting follows.