Five Things You Need To Know Today
Candidates, Doctors, Chipmunks, Dance
1) Meet the Candidates - Today at 10 AM at the Millburn Public Library, is the Board of Education Candidates' Forum. Sponsored by the PTO Conference, it is a chance to hear from the five candidates running for the three seats on the board of education. The candidates are: Debra Fox, Jay Mattlin, Jean Pasternak, Regina Truitt and Jeffrey Waters.
2) Today is National Doctor's Day - Did you know there was one? It is a day to honor physicians. The first celebration in 1933, involved mailing greeting cards and placing flowers on the graves of deceased doctors. The red carnation is the symbolic flower for this holiday. So thank a doctor today, who has helped you or a family member or a friend.
3) View the The Millburn Short Hills Historical Society's collection of archived documents, photographs and memorabilia relating to Millburn's history at the Short Hills train station. Open to the public on Tuesdays from 1:00-3:00, Wednesdays from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m., Thursdays from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. and the first Sunday of the month from 2- 4 p.m. You can reach the museum at (973) 564-9519.
4) Join the Chipmunk Club - An after school club for kindergartners, designed to get kids outside. Explore the Arboretum grounds. Includes games and activities. At the Cora Hartshorn Arboretum. 324 Forest Drive S., Short Hills - (973) 376-3587.
5) Workout to live music - yes, you can at Can Do Fitness. They have a special event every Wednesday night from 6:30-7:30 - live musicians play for a very lively Zumba class. Come dance and workout at Can Do at 750 Morris and Essex Turnpike, Short Hills. You don't have to be a member to join the Wednesday night dance party - drop ins are welcome, it is $20 for non members. For more information, call (973) 218-9100.