Going to the Giants Parade? NJ Transit Knows the Way
The parade will begin at Battery Park and Washington Street at 11 a.m.; NJ Transit and NY Waterway are offering increased service to and from Manhattan.
NJ Transit will offer extra bus service on 18 routes, increase capacity on select, previously-scheduled trains and add customer service ambassadors at Newark Penn Station and Hoboken Terminal tomorrow to accommodate Giants fans attending tomorrow’s Super Bowl victory ticker-tape parade in Lower Manhattan.
The parade will begin at Battery Place and Washington Street at 11 a.m. and continue northbound up the Canyon of Heroes to Worth Street, followed by a ceremony at City Hall Plaza.
Traveling to the parade
Fans celebrating the Giants win can access the parade route from several NYC Subway stations, as well as PATH’s World Trade Center Station. Customers should use NJ Transit’s Trip Planner to get the best itinerary, by entering their starting location and using “World Trade Center” as their destination.
NJ Transit customers can make connections to PATH trains at Newark Penn Station or Hoboken Terminal, and to subway trains at New York Penn Station and Port Authority Bus Terminal.
To New York Penn Station: Customers traveling by train to New York Penn Station can connect to the subway for travel to locations near the parade route:
Take the (1) train downtown to Rector Street; or take the (2) or (3) train downtown to Park Place; or take the (A) or (C) train downtown to Fulton Street; or take the (E) train downtown to World Trade Center
From Newark Penn Station or Hoboken Terminal: Customers traveling by train, bus or light rail to Newark Penn Station or Hoboken Terminal should take the PATH train to the World Trade Center PATH station, located one block from the parade route. PATH fare is $2 each way.
To help transport customers to the parade, NJ Transit will add extra trips on 18 bus routes for connections to PATH trains at Hoboken Terminal, and for connections to subway service at Port Authority Bus Terminal. Extra service will operate a few minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips on the routes listed below. Customers should arrive at their boarding location about five minutes earlier than the departure time.
To speed your return, purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip from bus operators inbound to New York or at ticket vending machines where available. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
The following routes will operate extra service:
• 126 Hoboken – New York
• 128 Boulevard East – New York
• 139 Lakewood – New York
• 158 Fort Lee – Edgewater – New York
• 159 Fort Lee – New York
• 161 Paterson – New York
• 163 Ridgewood – New York
• 164 Midland Park – New York
• 165 Westwood – New York
• 166 Dumont - Tenafly – New York
• 167 Harrington Park – New York
• 190 Paterson-Passaic – New York
• 192 Clifton – New York
• 193 Willowbrook – New York
• 197 Warwick – New York
• 199 Clifton – New York
• 320 Mill Creek-Harmon Meadow-North Bergen Park & Ride – New York
• 324 Wayne Park & Rides – New York
Traveling to the Port Authority Bus Terminal: Customers traveling by bus to the Port Authority Bus Terminal can connect to the subway for travel to locations near the parade route: Take the (A) or (C) train downtown to Fulton Street; or take the (E) train downtown to World Trade Center
Traveling to George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal: Customers traveling by bus to the George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal should take the (A) train downtown to Fulton Street.
Customer Travel Tips
For schedule and fare information, visit www.njtransit.com before starting your trip.
• Purchase round-trip tickets at your boarding location to speed your return trip. You will save $5 by purchasing your tickets from a TVM or a ticket window instead of onboard the train.
• Travel after 9 a.m. to avoid the busy morning travel period.
Parking at many stations is limited during midday hours. Consider having someone drop you off at the station.
Additionally, NY Waterway has announced that additional ferries will be leaving out of Weehawken, Hoboken and Belford to accommodate parade travelers.
Additional service will be held at the following times:
- Pier 11 to Port Imperial – 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m.
- Pier 11 to Hoboken (direct service with larger vessels) – beginning at 1 p.m.
- World Financial Center to Hoboken – begins expanded service at 1 p.m. and departures every 20 minutes thereafter
- Pier 11 to Belford (direct service) – 2:30 p.m.
- The East River Ferry will offer additional capacity on the existing schedule