Help Your Neighbors Find Gas
Here's a few known open gas stations and a map of some more. If you know any others please add it in the comments or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the wake of Sandy, gas is the commodity worrying Millburn residents and the township as cold weather approaches. Gas rationing started on Saturday
limits at some station but long lines at all stations.
The Patch asks residents to use this post to add open gas stations with any information for their neighbors. Some have took to Rt. 78 and drove West, yet yesterday lines formed there as well.
- Lukeoil on Main street in Madison.
- Sunoco on Morris Turnpike,
- Gulf Station in Livingston, 625 S. Livingston Ave.,
- Unconfirmed stations open on Route 22 in Union and Springfield.
- Sunoco in Totowa/ Little Falls on Rt. 46 East open.
- Parkway northbound and southbound near mile-marker 151, gas stations open with over 100 cars in line.
There might be some light in the near future for everyone in New Jersey though.
According to Reuters, the Colonial Pipeline, which supplies 15 percent of the East coast with fuel, started deliveries to Linden late afternoon on Thursday.
However, fuel will still be in short supply while power is out to New Jersey's refineries and oil storage facilities.
Essex County officials asked President Obama and Gov. Christie for assistance with gas on Thurdsay.
There's also a map of gas stations open. Yet, no information is known on how much or when it will run out though.