Mayors Council to Discuss Regional Detention Basin
Council set to meet Thursday for updates on South Mountain Regional Detention Basin from U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and timetable on project.
Mayors Council Rahway River Watershed Flood Control is set to meet Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at Millburn Town Hall.
The agenda includes:
- An update on the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers evaluation of the flood control alternatives including status of the work plan on the South Mountain Regional Detention Basin; and update on Lenape Park and Robinson's Branch.
- Update on request for state funding of the environmental assessment and update on the acceleration of the U.S. Army Corps funding. Update on project timetable to get to a decision to proceed this year.
- Explanation of the the benefit-cost ratio and expected timetable.
- Mayors Council Rahway River Watershed Flood Control position on ballot question on Green Acres funding.
- Rahway River Watershed Stormwater Advisory Board best practice proposal.
- Review example of the support for the funding requests put forth for the flood mitigation projects from state Sen. Thomas H. Kean, state Sen. Nicholas P. Scutari, Assemb. Jon M. Bramnick, Assem. Joseph Cryan, Assem. Gerald B. Green, Assemb. Nancy F. Muñoz and Assemb. Linda Stender.