First Board of Education Budget Forum Nearly Empty
Schools board hosts first district budget forum.
Millburn's Board of Education hosted its first public forum on the budget on Sunday for an almost empty crowd.
The forum was held to give residents a opportunity to ask questions and give input on the budget.
Did you miss the forum? Add your questions below!
The next forum is scheduled for 2-4 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013 at the Millburn Public Library.
“We thought it would be helpful to hear up front from all residents of the community since there is no longer a public vote on the budget," the board's finance chair, Lise Chapman, said previously.
Students' parents can also weigh in on the budget at the following upcoming PTO meetings with Superindendent Dr. James Crisfield and BOE Finance Chair Lise Chapman:
- October 10 – Millburn Middle School, 9:15 a.m.
- October 11 – Deerfield School, 9:30 a.m.
- October 17 – Wyoming School, 9:15 a.m.
- October 18 – Glenwood School, 9:00 a.m.
- October 31 – South Mountain School, 9:00 a.m.
- November 1 – Hartshorn School, 9:15 a.m.
- November 28 - Millburn High School (at the Millburn Public Library), 10 a.m.
“Last spring the Board Finance Committee and Dr. Crisfield developed the idea for ‘pre-budget listening sessions’ so that the public would have an opportunity to present their priorities, new ideas and concerns to us in advance of this year’s budget process," Chapman said in a press release. "In addition to the PTOs, we plan to meet with the Short Hills Association and M-SPEC.”