Sump Pump Overheats, Causes Small Fire at Emerald Garden
The fire was reported at about 4:45 a.m. and caused light smoke damage.
A sump pump overheated and caused a small fire at the Emerald Garden early Wednesday morning, according to fire department officials.
Millburn firefighters responded to the alarm at the store at 241 Essex St. at about 4:45 a.m. to find a light smoke condition in the basement, according to officials. The sump pump had overheated and caught fire, and the damage was limited to the sump pump hole.
There was light smoke damage, officials said, but nothing to keep the store from doing business. There were no reported injuries.