Want to Give Input on Millburn's School Budget?
Dates set for public hearing on the budget but you can tell the community now what you think of district's budget in the comments!
Millburn Board of Education is offering two dates for residents to give their input on the district's budget during the preliminary phrase.
- Sunday, November 18, 2012, 3-5 p.m. at Millburn Middle School Auditorium, 25 Old Short Hills Road.
- Sunday, January 27, 2013, 2-4 p.m., Millburn Public Library.
“We thought it would be helpful to hear up front from all residents of the community since there is no longer a public vote on the budget," the board's finance chair, Lise Chapman, said.
Students' parents can also weigh in on the budget at the following upcoming PTO meetings with Superindendent Dr. James Crisfield and BOE Finance Chair Lise Chapman:
- October 10 – Millburn Middle School, 9:15 a.m.
- October 11 – Deerfield School, 9:30 a.m.
- October 17 – Wyoming School, 9:15 a.m.
- October 18 – Glenwood School, 9:00 a.m.
- October 31 – South Mountain School, 9:00 a.m.
- November 1 – Hartshorn School, 9:15 a.m.
- November 28 - Millburn High School (at the Millburn Public Library), 10 a.m.
“Last spring the Board Finance Committee and Dr. Crisfield developed the idea for ‘pre-budget listening sessions’ so that the public would have an opportunity to present their priorities, new ideas and concerns to us in advance of this year’s budget process," Chapman said in a press release. "In addition to the PTOs, we plan to meet with the Short Hills Association and M-SPEC.”
Community members who are unable to attend a meeting who want to share their ideas may email the Board of Education at email@example.com. Please include “School Budget” in the subject line.