What's Open, What's Closed on July 4th?
Banks, courthouses shuttered for Independence Day holiday.
• Tomorrow is Independence Day. It is a federal and state holiday.
• State and local government offices will be closed.
• Federal, state and local courts will be closed.
• Banks have the option to close.
• Financial and stock markets will be closed.
• Post offices will be closed; there will be no regular mail delivery.
• NJ Transit trains will operate on a weekend/major holiday schedule on all lines.
• Newark Light Rail will operate on a Saturday schedule.
• For people traveling to the New Jersey waterfront to view the Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks, NJ Transit will add extra trains on the Morris & Essex Lines with additional trains to and from Hoboken Terminal. The Family Super Saver Fare will be in effect until 6 a.m. Monday on all trains (except for travel to/from Metro North stations), buses and light rail lines. For additional information clickhere or call (973) 275-5555.
• PATH trains will operate on a Sunday schedule.
• Bus schedules vary by route, and some may be affected.