Today's five things gives you a bonus thing - it's the weekend, afterall.
1) Today is an extended single session (aka half day) for all Millburn Township Schools. And, as every kid knows - it's the last day of school!! YAY!
2) Friday Friends - a social group for township Senior Citizens - meets today at the Bauer Center in Taylor Park from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Coffee and tea are provided but BYOL or Bring Your Own Lunch. Call Patti Lowery for more information at 973-564-7091.
3) If you are female and struggle at all with alcohol abuse, there’s an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting just for women tonight at 8 p.m. at , 66 Highland Ave in Short Hills.
4) With a chance of more thunderstorms in the forecast for Saturday, it might not be such a great outdoor day, so why not do something fun indoors? The Liberty Science Center in Jersey City is showing Tornado Alley in their IMAX Theater. This film stars Sean Casey from The Discovery Channel's Storm Chasers. It is an exciting adventure, as you are taken right into the heart of a monster tornado. The story is dramatic and so are the images. Show times are: 10:15 a.m., 12:15 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. Log onto www.lsc.org or call 201-253-1310 for tickets.
5) Looking for something to do on Sunday evening? Come to Taylor Park for a concert. Street Hassle, a classic rock group, will be performing from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The rain date for this event is July 10th.
Plus a bonus:
6) Saturday night, you can rock out to the Fab Faux - The Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, presents this top Beatles Tribute Band. The concert starts at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $35. Purchase tickets online at www.countbasietheatre.org or call 732-842-9000.