Here are 5 things you need to know about recovery from Irene:
1) New Jersey American Water is still issuing an active alert for Millburn and Short Hills residents to boil water. Even if it looks fine, it might not be. So please continue to boil.
2) For township residents without water - the Water Distribution Center that has been set up at South Mountain School - 2 Southern Slope Drive, Millburn - will remain open, 24 hours a day, until further notice. Bring containers that you can fill from a large water tank, to get drinking water.
3) Also for residents without water, the Millburn Department of Recreation has made the shower facilities at the Millburn Municipal Pool available during normal business hours. The pool is located at 315 White Oak Ridge Rd in Short Hills.
4) Clean up continues throughout the township - here is information about Flood Trash Removal: Please leave flood damaged materials, curbside. There is no set schedule for pickup of these items, but they will be picked up. You can call 973-546-7074 to alert them that you have flood damaged items to be picked up. But please be patient, there is a lot to pick up.
5) Regarding herbaceous debris or brush removal: Please leave it at the curb to be picked up. IMPORTANT: The Department of Public Works is only able to pick up debris that is a certain size - it must be no larger than 4 feet in length and 4 inches in diameter. If it is larger than this, you must contact a private contractor to remove it.