The Millburn Police dispatchers submitted the following to ask residents to attend the Oct. 9 Township Committee meeting to voice their opinions. :
Did you know?
- That effective January 1, 2013 the Town Management of Millburn/Short Hills wants to outsource your Police, First Aid, and 911 Dispatch services to the Township of Livingston.
- That increasing Livingston Dispatch call volume and workload, without an increase of manpower, could negatively affect your Police, First Aid and 911 services.
- By eliminating Millburn/Short Hills Dispatch services; you increase the chance of having a closed Police Department building after working hours, on weekends and holidays. This may also cut the availability to walk in freely and seek help with requests or inquiries.
- That this issue is being discussed at a regular Township Committee Meeting during the month of September.
- It is our firm belief that the services provided by the Millburn Police Dispatch employees should be performed here in Millburn/Short Hills, for the direct benefit of the residents/businesses of Millburn/Short Hills, and not by another Township. We are concerned that terminating the Millburn positions and adding their duties to another Township’s already busy workload could create problems. Do you really want to put a price on your Public Safety and Emergency Services?
- In support of your dispatch services, The Millburn Police Benevolent Association wrote a letter of concern to the Chief of Police, addressing the issues of outsourcing dispatch. Their letter as well as other related articles discussing this issue are available online in “The Millburn Patch” and “The Item of Millburn/Short Hills”.
We hope you will join us in our fight to keep your Police Dispatch, First Aid, and 911 Services right here where they belong…in Millburn/Short Hills. If you agree with us, kindly sign our petition online at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-millburn-short-hills-dispatch-services/.
Should you have any questions, you may email us at email@example.com
You can also “like” us on our Facebook page, “Save Millburn/Short Hills Dispatch Services”