The Education Foundation of Millburn-Short Hills is partnering with the Board of Education to bring the World Language Program to grades 3 through 5 in the next months by providing 1,200 headsets for use with the new computer-based Spanish Program.
The Ed Foundation is thrilled that this gift will enable the district to begin this valuable program this school year, said Marianne Connor, Ed Foundation Vice President.
In addition, the foundation is providing other gifts to all seven schools in the district. Because of current technological infrastructure limitations, the district is not yet able to support and utilize Apple iPads which were the originally planned gift. So the iPad initiative will be delayed, and, instead, the following equipment selected by principals will be made available promptly in order to benefit students this year:
- Deerfield will receive seven voice enhancement devices to improve teacher communication in the classroom.
- Glenwood has requested five each of the following: document cameras, LCD projectors and projector carts.
- Hartshorn will receive seven Brightlink Solo Interactive Modules mounted and installed.
- South Mountain is the only school currently able to support iPads and will serve as a pilot for the other schools. It will receive eleven iPads, an iPad cart and two HP ePrinters.
- Wyoming requested Six Brightlink Solo Interactive Modules mounted and installed plus an Apple MacBook.
- Millburn Middle School (MMS) has already received six mounted LCD projectors from the Ed Foundation this year. In addition, MMS will receive two document cameras and twelve SMART Boards installed with speakers and notebook software.
- Millburn High School (MHS) received 22 mounted LCD projectors earlier this year and has requested an additional gift of five document cameras and one SMART Board.
"The Education Foundation of Millburn-Short Hills is pleased to see these new educational tools being implemented for the benefit of all the children in Millburn Township," Connor said. "It is the continued generous support of the community which makes these gifts possible."
Millburn Schools Rock, this year’s major "FUN-draising" event, will be held on March 9 at the Crestmont Country Club. Invitations are available on the Ed Foundation’s website: www.millburnschoolsrock.org. All are encouraged to come out and support our schools.