Far Brook School
Far Brook School is an independent, coeducational day school.
School officials view their mission as "a desire to use and to adapt the principles of progressive education and its philosophy of pragmatism for a changing world, and while valuing academic excellence and respect for nature, to instill a creative response to learning with great art, drama, music, and literature as models."
- Founding Date: 1948
- Number of students: 230
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Accreditation/licenses: National Association of Independent Schools, New Jersey Association of Independent Schools, Educational Records Bureau, Council for the Advancement and Support of Education
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 6 to 1
- Grade levels: Nursery - Grade 8
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: After-School Program; Ski Club; Girls Learn International
- Sports teams: Fifth-Eighth Grade boys play soccer in the fall and baseball in the spring. Fifth-Eighth Grade girls play field hockey in the fall and lacrosse in the spring.
- Uniforms: No