Conveniently nestled amidst a huge medical office plaza, this spacious and soothing restaurant serves high-quality Cantonese-Chinese cuisine using cholesterol-free oil and no MSG (monosodium glutamate). There are many diet (cooked without fat, starch, and sodium) and vegetarian (lots with tofu) choices. Jade Lake Gourmet offers authentic Chinese as well as Thai-influenced dishes and has an ample seafood selection.
The dessert and beverages are unusual, including fried honey pineapple and avocado delight drink. Jade Lake has a busy take-out and delivery business, with special delivery to parts of South Orange, Springfield and Union (last delivery 9:30pm).
- Fax: 973-912-8279
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11:30am - 9:30pm; Fri, 11:30am - 10 pm; Sat, noon - 10pm; Sun, noon - 9:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Soup, lots of appetizers, steamed diet items (vegetables and seafood), vegetarian, lots of fresh seafood
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Natural, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Delivery
- Specialties: Jade Lake Special (lobster tail on bed of spinach and shredded chicken), Jade Lake Treasure (chicken, shrimp, beef, and scallions), duck with black bean and ginger scallion sauce, Three Musketeers and Beauties (scallops, shrimp, chicken with veggies)
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: Chinese, Noodle Shop, Thai
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 15
- Features: Catering, Dinner, Lunch
- Dress code: Casual/relaxed, family style