The Short Hills Train Station provides service to Penn Station, New York, via the Midtown Direct service. A ticket window inside the station is open on a limited hours basis. The station also has a coffee window open in the morning for commuters.
Additionally, the Millburn-Short Hills Historical Society's museum is located at the station. Parking permits are available for the lot across the street from the station. A shuttle runs from Springfield to the station, and town officials were working to have the shuttle stop in Short Hills on its way to the station.
The station does not provide handicapped accessible boarding to trains.
- Hours: Station hours: Mon - Fri, 4:45am - 12:45pm; Lunch is 10:30am - 11am; Sat, Sun, closed Cheryl's Deli Mon - Fri, 5:30am - 9:30am
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Reach: Regional/commuter
- Transportation: Commuter rail, Shuttle
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Parking durations available: Long-term, Short-term
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Child, Senior
- Number of tracks: 2
- Carriers: New Jersey Transit