The Millburn Delicatessen
The Millburn Delicatessen is confusing at first, because you can't figure out if it's a deli or a party. The workers are having so much fun, the customers are rushing in and out so fast, and the plethora of sarcastic signs and unusual figurines (even on the ceiling) are, taken together, as dizzying as a shot of tequila.
In truth, the deli is a crazy, busy neighborhood institution that since 1946 has been serving up its sandwiches and "world famous" giant sloppy joes which, says a customer, are "really, really good."
There are hundreds of sandwiches (extras include sweet peppers), grillers, subs and paninis, healthy potato chip choices, homemade deli salads, daily hot specials (e.g., hot roast pork) and homemade soups, and, "Scream it LOOOOUUD," the Gobbler, which according to Manager Andrew Morgan is analogous to "the day after Thanksgiving on bread."
In the summer, the tables fronting Millburn Avenue make for good people watching. Shipping, catering (sandwich trays) and gift cards are available if you want to take this party home.
- Fax: 973-379-4772
- Hours: Daily, 8am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Sandwiches (and trays), loafs of fresh bread, deli salads, homemade soup, hot specials, toasted subs, Green Mountain Coffee, cookies (homemade bittersweet chocolate and macademia nut) and sweets (raspberry bar, blondies), healthy chips
- Food & dining options: Natural, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods
- Specialties: World-famous giant Sloppy Joes, grills, hot specials (e.g. , prime rib), specialty coffee
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Items: Coffee, Sandwiches made to order, Soda